Outdoor & Drive-In Worship for June 14
- Next Sunday, June 21st is Father’s Day and on June 28th, we are happy to announce that the Skystone Bluegrass Band, which is Tommy Barlow’s band, will begin our morning with 30 minutes of gospel music at 10:30 a.m. Our Worship service will begin afterwards at 11:00 a.m. This will be such a wonderful time together!
- Even though there will be no in-person camps at Craig Springs this summer, there will be virtual camps. Andy Rose sent out an email earlier this week with information. You can go to https://ccinvavirtual.virtual-camp.org/ if you are interested.
- The outdoor “Drive-In” services on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. will continue through Sunday, July 12th at which time our annual congregational meeting will be held and a vote on how to proceed will be taken.
- When arriving at church on Sunday, please turn your radio onto Holly Grove FM 93.9 radio station to hear the service if you plan to sit in your car. Those folks that live from the Folly Creek area to Owens Creek area and maybe beyond can listen in while at home!
- When you enter the church parking lot on Sunday, there will be an attendant there with the offering box. If you have an offering, please drop in this box. You can also donate safely online via Givelify @ https://giv.li/w063gb or you can go to the church website at https://www.hollygrovechristian.com/ and click on the “Donate Online” button in the upper right corner.
- Just a reminder that we are asking for you to bring your own communion from home.
- Pastor Bob Lane has a Bible Study on Wednesdays in the church fellowship hall at 11:00 a.m. There are still nine more weeks so come on out and enjoy this Study! We will adhere to the CDC guidelines for social distancing and the area and bathrooms (if used) will be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
- If you are interested in cleaning the church for the next fiscal year that begins in July, please submit your bid to Property Chairman Robert Bowman by June 26th so the Property Committee can review. You can pick up your bid form/packet in the church fellowship hall on Saturdays from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. or on Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- The “Our Daily Bread” Devotionals are in for June/July/August. There are booklets on the table by the fellowship hall door. You can also go online to their website at https://odb.org/ to view daily devotions. If you would like for us to mail a copy to you, please let Cindy Wilson know.
- The Pruners Food Pantry continues to be open on Saturdays from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Below is the list of volunteers through the end of June. Thanks to all who have given generously of their time, donations and food! We do require now that all volunteers and patrons wear a mask when entering the building. If a patron does not have a mask, we will do our best to serve their needs in an alternative method. We do have a basket of cloth masks in the fellowship hall to give out if needed thanks to Jane Miller and the “Merry Mask Makers” in Lantana, TX.
The Lipscomb Family
Sat. 6/13, 9-10AM
Peter & Carol Jean
Wed. 6/17, 6-7PM
Billy & Nancy Lloyd
Sat. 6/20, 9-10AM
Steve & Dianne Montgomery
Wed. 6/24, 6-7PM
Robert & Suzanne Bowman
Sat. 6/27, 9-10AM
- Our Elders and Deacons that are on rotation will be handling the logistics each Sunday for parking and the offering box. If you are serving on this day, please arrive to church by 10:00 a.m. to prepare. Below is the schedule for this week and next week.
June 14th – Elders: Joe and Sherrie Sommer; Deacons: Shannon Kruep, Rhonda Gorman, Donna Davis and Tom Boothe (Group II)
June 21st – Elders: Dawn Lipscomb and Andy Rose; Deacons: Hunter Trayer, Griffin Hollins, Tammy Mayo and Byron Wilson (Group III)
- Sunday, June 14th is Flag Day (Please fly your American flag.)
- Saturday, June 20th is the first day of Summer
- Gwen Rose recently designed and ordered church t-shirts to sell. They are green, with a small Christian Church, Disciples of Christ logo with holly leaves and chalice on the front left upper side and it says “Follow Me to HGCC" with the church website printed on the back. The shirts, sizes medium, large and x-large, are in the fellowship hall on a bench and are $15.00 each. There is a box to leave cash or a check to Gwen Rose.
June 16th – Randy Wilson in WV
June 17th – Sheri Hart in FL
June 18th – Chris Shores
June 15th – Robbie & Jacki Bagby
June 19th – Steve and Dianne Montgomery
HOLLY GROVE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
GRADUATION RECOGNITION SUNDAY - SECOND SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
10:30 A.M. June 14, 2020
(After parking, please turn your radio to Holly Grove FM 93.9 for the Service if you plan to sit in your car. If you would like to sit in your lawn chair outside of your car, under the tree or near the cemetery, the speaker will also be used so you can hear.)
Welcome and Announcements Cindy Wilson
Graduation Recognition of Louisa County High School Graduates Griffin Hollins, Dustin Mayo and Natalie Smith and Virginia Tech Graduate Coleman Vincze – Congratulations to you all!
Opening Hymn “Wonderful Words of Life” (verse one) (Cindy Wilson will lead)
Prayer Time (prayer praises and concerns) Rev. Bob Lane
Morning Message Rev. Bob Lane
Communion Hymn “Break Thou the Bread of Life” (verse one)
(Dianne Montgomery will lead)
Communion Rev. Bob Lane
(Please partake the elements you have reverently prepared and brought from home.)
Closing Hymn “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee” (verse one)
(Dianne Montgomery will lead)
Closing Prayer Rev. Bob Lane
Bible Scripture Readings from the Lectionary
Bible Verse for the Week
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.” ~ Jeremiah 29: 11